Thursday, March 5, 2009

And The Beat Goes On

Entering what seems like her millionth week of training, but is actually 7 or 8 (uuggh, I can't remember, I barely know my own name and the current day!!) my mom has made it through unscathed with only minimal problems.

I guess one of the biggest issues is that her new suits are a bit big on her and her old suits fit just fine now. Poor thing, she to has failed at what so many women struggle to do and that is to maintain their weight. It is so common today to hear women complaining about how much weight they are losing and how no matter what they eat they just can't keep the pounds on (SARCASM).

Another problem is her bone density. Since, she is doing all this weight bearing activity she is decreasing her chances of being given the gift of osteoporosis (again SARCASM).

On the flip side, she has been blessed with a few tight muscles and some minor aches and pains to help balance all this out. Her long run of 7 miles has nearly doubled the distance she will be running in the marathon relay, so now the focus will be on time, or lack there of.

Her runs were 3 times a week, but her plan has now bumped her up to 4 days and her first race is only 9 days, yep 9 days away!! She is in plenty of shape to do the 5 mile, but she promised my dad she would do the 2. I have offered my services to run with my dad in the 2 and then with my mom in the 5, but apparently I am chop liver. My dad cannot do the 5 and my mom does not want to do both races (even though she could).

So what do I sign her up for? Her plan calls for 8 miles that day AND more importantly she needs to earn her post-race beer at Shooters. So what race do I sign her up for ... THE 2 or THE 5 miler...hhhmmmm...thoughts??? anybody????

1 comment:

Janet Edwards said...

Well, the lil red devil in you may have signed her up for the 5! See you all Saturday!