Thursday, July 23, 2009

Decisions

Hmmmmm, this weekend is presenting a bit of a dilemma for me. I am thinking of putting my choices in a hat and just choosing that way.

Last week I went to the doctor for some, immunizations and had blood tests done. I lost 4 vials of blood and had a really nasty reaction to one of the immunizatioins. I had a fever and achy joints with what felt like the worst hangover of my life. I even managed to pass out on the bathroom floor for a few minutes. I missed an entire week of swimming, biking and running.

Sunday, I managed an easy run of 5 miles and have been able to run everyday since, but due to the weather I have now gone 12 days with absolutely no swimming or biking. I can definitely tell the blood draw put a hurting on me as running is tiring, so the question(s) are do I race and if so what do I race?

Saturday morning there is the JCM 5k
and/or
Saturday night there is the Winking Lizard 2M and 4M (don't want to do the 4 if I am goig to race the sprint on Sunday)

Sunday morning is the Fairport Triathlon Sprint (last year I was 9th OA and have beaten the girl that won the event last year once already this year)
or
The Sweet Corn Ride (I would try the 100 as I have NEVER done a century)

or as I have a final exam on Wednesday do I say screw the entire weekend and not race, save the few pennies I have and study?

I have no chance of PRing as I am undertrained and a bit rundown. I don't know if 2 weeks off from swimming and biking would not only be a disaster in a triathlon, but down right embarassing.

I think I am going to go with the "hat selection method." Ahhh, decisions.

1 comment:

Janet Edwards said...

I would love your company on the sweet corn ride! You will be right back soon I'm sure!