Friday, April 16, 2010

Bucket Begone!

I was able to blog a lot more often while on break, but now that things are back in full swing my schedule is jam packed agai.  It will stay steady for the next four weeks until the semester ends at which point I will have 2 whole days of break before the next set of undesirable classes begin. 

Other than that things have been consistent except for one thing.  I was feeling a little off this past weeked and I had a sneaking suspicion what might be going on.  I felt nauseated and extremely tired and opted to take both Saturday and Sunday off from running and get a little extra rest, but it didn't matter.  Sunday night it was in full swing.  I was running for the toilet for one reason or another and begging my mom to get me a bucket.  I had the stomach flu again for the third year in a row. 

The first time I got it I was sick for over two weeks.  Last year it only lasted for two days, but this year it hung on until today (fingers crossed).  I haven't been able to eat a normal meal for almost five days now.  I managed some french onion broth and crackers at work last night and an egg on a piece of toast the other night, but mostly it has just been crackers and gingerale or gatorade.  My lips are very dry and chapped and I have a really raspy cough.  I am even having a few nice twitches and cramps in my lats and my hamstrings.  All signs that I have a nice little bout of dehydration, but I am thinking I am on the up and up and passed the worst of it.

I am feeling a little bit better today and I managed to run 4 miles easy.  I had a little bit of tightness in my hamstrings with the tiny sensation that a cramp was possible if I thought about attempting to run any harder, but it was nice to get back to some normalcy. 

I suppose it makes me feel better knowing I am not running Boston on Moday as this stomach flu would have really caused some havoc on my mental and physical game had I decided to go.  Right now, I will just settle for making the short walk down to the garage to put the bucket away....finally.

1 comment:

Janet Edwards said...

This does seem to happen to you every year! If it is not one thing it is another. I do remember this summer coming by when you were also couch ridden! Feel better soon tough stuff!