Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's Like Cutting Grass... One Season Ends and Another Begins

The season is nearing an end my friends. I am not sure how I feel about that. I am sad that there is only one more race I am doing this year, but I am also relieved that I will have some down time. This season was just one injury after another and I need to rebuild and refocus.

The PLAN.
Get in lots of miles of swimming for the USAT National Club Challenge.
Begin the "Build a Butt of Steel" for my planned 08 HIM
Run a few times a week NOT exceeding the 10% increase rule until I build a base of 30 mpw.
Lose 10-15lbs of fat and add some muscle (Total BW 120-125 lbs.)
Rediscover what's under that belly fat

It is of course going to be easier said than done. The weather has become increasingly colder and the snow has hit. I am hoping Ohio will not have the minus temperatures it did last year. Brrrr!!

My tenative plan for '08 is looking like this...

CTC Indoor Triathlon - Jan/Feb/March
Dirty Dog 10k - Feb
Catch A Leprachaun - March
Cleveland Marathon - May
Flag Day 5k - June
Mountaineer HIM - June
Johnny Cake Jog - July
Lake Erie Open Water Swim July
GCT HIM - August
Great Lakes Escape Tri - August
YUT-C 50K - September
Fall Marathon ???

Small tris
FRR series
Clay's Park
Lorain
Fairport

I am thinking about doing the FRR series just to make sure I stay on my training plan. I could also win a couple hundred bucks for my suffering. I can tell already with 12 events it is only going to get crazier. My other goal is too follow my training plan and not start throwing in rinky dink races this year. It is about quality not quantity. I am waiting patiently for the 08 season schedules to come out and then I will definately have my schedule set.

No comments: