Monday, February 7, 2011

Prowess

By definition means exceptional valor, bravery, or ability, especially in combat or battle or exceptional or superior ability, skill or strength

Oh, the answer to the multiple, multiple is b, e & f and here is the rationale:

Hydrochlorothizaide is a thiazide diuretic used in the managment of mild to moderate hypertension, and in the treatment of edema associated with: heart failure, renal dysfunction, cirrhosis, corticosteroid therapy, and estrogen therapy.  It increases th excretion of socium and water by inhibiting  sodium reabsorption in the distal tubule of the kidneys.  It promotes the excretion of chloride, potassium, magnesium, and bicarbonate.  Side effects include: drowsiness, lethargy, and muscle weakness, but not muscle twitching.  Although there may be abdominal cramping, there is not diarrhea.  the client does not become confused as a result of taking this drug. 

Anyway, regarding running, it's been my soup for the soul!  I haven't felt this much peace of mind with myself and my body for as long as I can remember.  Sure, I still have my concerns and worrying is like breathing for me -- can't live without eiter, but man do I feel calm and relaxed deep down in my soul. 

Last week was really good to me.  Lots of strength training between boot camp and shoveling and I was on target to hit 50 miles running for the week for the first time since, oh I think last April (makes me wish I was a professional athlete sometimes).  It's been so amazing as the miles just keep on clicking by one by one.  Most of the runs I have just been enjoying myself, but on a few I have had delusions where I am not Kara Goucher or Paula Radcliffe, I am someone way faster, someone who can break records and keep going -- on those days I am a superhero version of ... me!!  I am the greastest runner out there (I didn't get to play Barbie and house that much as a kid and I never had an imaginary friend, so I think maybe I am making up for it now).

Monday, I managed a speedworkout of 3x1 mile on the treadmill at 7:24/mile and then Thursday I ripped off a 4 mile tempo run on the treadmill at a pace of 8:06/mile.  The treadmill is not my choice for running on, as 10:00 minute miles feel like 8:30 pace, but lately I have been ready to see how hard I can push myself to mentally focus.  Both workouts, were difficult as I hate the montony of staring at the wall, but it's helping me build the focus and mental prowess I will need for the last few miles of the marathon. 

I mean the marathon is a battle, cancer is a battle, sometimes even life is a battle.

No comments: