Monday, December 3, 2012

December -- Please Go Easy On Me!!

I was doing well for a minute there, getting a little more diligent about my blogging and then -- BAM!!  Life happened.

This fall has been a little hard on me (to say the least).  In August, I was hit by a car while riding my 2 month old brand spankin' new tri bike.  Then in October I finally had the breast reduction I had wanted for about 20 years and with the arrival of  Novemver, I had planned to head back to work in time for the holidays and put in some OT but unfortunately, my grandfather became ill and passed away. 

Needless to say it has been hectic and now --- THE HOLIDAYS!  I am taking each day in stride just trying to find a balance between work and starting to train, again.  It's never easy and now seems even more difficult due to the fact my fatigue level has been worse than normal.  I had my annual check-up and my red blood cells and hematocrit came back low with my hemoglobin right on the lowest point of normal.  I assumed it was because I had surgery and RBCs take about 53 days to replenish themselves, but then I saw my TSH levels and those were moderately elevated, so that is the next saga for me.  Hopefully, it will literally just mean a "magic pill" and no side effects.

To be continued....

No comments: