Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lost

It's the running theme in my life the last few weeks.  All the work along with the bumper schedule I am on is constantly pressuring what few brain cells I have left to keep me in line as to the when and where of each day.

I can't remember if I am coming or going as I only sleep about 4 hours at a time and when I wake up I am not certain if it is to rise for class, clinical or work.  Just a week ago I drove a few extra miles in the wrong direction to the wrong clinical before realizing what day it was.  I have also locked my keys in the car twice in the last 3 weeks (thank goodness for the hide-a-key).  Not a day goes by that I don't wish for June 25th to get here, so I can be done with this awful schedule.  It is so non-compliant with my life, not to mention with my parents away for two weeks I worry that "The Bails" will be home just a bit too long and try to eat a hole through the wall like he once did as a puppy to punish me for being an absentee owner!  I try to make it up to him by taking him running with me, but training is sporadic at best.

I did get out for a nice bike ride two weeks ago when it was in the 90's.  I meant to go to a family picnic, but had my days wrong and I went to the wrong park.  On my way back I went a new route and got lost for a bit, so with only one water bottle I had to detour to a park to find more fluid before going home.  My lack of seat time reared it's ugly "head" or is it "ass" in this case when my not-so crotch of steal started to become painfully sore after an hour and a half.  Luckily, it was only thrity minutes home. 

I had another midterm this Monday, but felt extremely rebellious as racing season is in full swing and decided after only a few hours of studying on Sunday to go for another bike ride.  Again, I got lost and my hopes of riding about 35-40 miles translated into 49.  I ended up in Mantua riding the Potato Stomp course and then some.  It was the perfect day for a ride and I loved every minute of it, even the minutes after my butt time buzzer for comfort had expired. 

I didn't learn much gerontology that day, but I did learn a long painful ride is still better than any type of studying (especially in the summer!).  Oh, to find my way back to a schedule that is either days or nights with no bumper shift will be glorious.

No comments: