Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008 Is Here







Like so many other blogger's latest entry... Happy New Year! I am only 2 days in and other than swearing I haven't broken any of my other resolutions.

1 No/Less swearing
2 Be more commited to working out
3 Go to church at least once a month
4 Be nice to people I would normally dismiss
5 Do not get so easily upset

I would say I am swearing less, but not at nil yet
I just put in 15 miles on my trainer and lifted
The other two, well I did not yell at anyone at work last night (hey, it's a start!)
But onto the more exciting stuff. After another successful day of training I got a new outfit and headed to Pickle Bill's with some friends for dinner. We had lots and lots of seafood. I wasn't impressed with the service and I was a little too cold throughout. It was nice to see everyone one last time in 2007. Dinner ended at about 10:00 and we all got a group pic.
After that we ran home to grab the Walrus's bag and head to the Fox N Hound to meet my bestest friend ever, her husband and some additional friends. I was so excited because the Walrus was the designated driver and I was the designated drinker. We made it just in time for midnight at about 11:30pm. I got a large Labatts, my first shot of Maker's Mark and a glass of champagne all in less than 30 minutes. The MM hurt going down. Yea, it was a smooth bourbon, but no bourbon is smooth enough for me. It just hurt my tummy. We had lots of laughs and I managed to put down a shot of Petrone, a buttery nipple, and another large beer. No way was I driving. I had caught myself a nice little buzz on January 1, 2008. We finally left a tad bit before 2:00 am to head home and pass out.
I had no trouble sleeping when I hit my bed. I did however remember to 3 Motrin before falling asleep, but when I woke up it didn't matter. I still had a hangover (uuuggghh). I took 3 more and forced myself out of bed around 10:00 am. I had a polar plunge to get to.

No comments: